The Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital not only provides world-class treatment to seriously ill children, but also carries out high level medical training both locally and internationally, and conducts ground-breaking research into childhood illnesses which has global influence.
“It is known throughout the world as a centre of excellence for pioneering research and treatment of childhood diseases and as the premier centre of specialist paediatric training in Africa. Though located in Cape Town, it has become a national and international resource.” - Former president and international icon, the late Mr Nelson Mandela
The Red Cross Children's Hospital has an impressive list of successes and milestones within paediatric healthcare on the continent and globally- click here for more information.
Read more about the Impact the Red Cross Children’s Hospital has had globally:
- Amy visits the Hospital from Zimbabwe
- African Paediatric Doctors to Tackle Vaccines & Immunisation in East Africa
- Youngest Child in Africa treated for Dystonia with Deep Brain Stimulation at Red Cross Children’s Hospital
- The importance of paediatric nurses in Africa
- African Paediatric Fellowship Programme – Looking back, moving forward
- London Nurse visits Masters programme nurses in SA
- How one woman could save thousands of Ghanaian children