Milani’s mother thought her little boy was sound asleep in their Khayelitsha home, while she was hanging washing outside. One-year-old Milani woke up and while crawling pulled the cord of a hot boiled kettle burning his chest and chin. He was rushed to the Burns Ward at the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital. He was discharged two weeks later but then re-admitted when nurses realised Milani’s wounds were infected, during a routine check-up. Little Milani now needed a skin graft to aid healing and minimise scarring. His mother and father slept at his bedside every night, hopeful he won’t have much scarring as he grows up. Despite their worries brave little Milani healed well.
Meet Milani Qongqo
100% of all donations go directly to our priority projects and programmes - not a cent is spent on administration or operational expenses! So please support the Children's Hospital Trust by donating now.