Not all of us can spare 67 minutes on 18th July, but for just R67 you could give the gift of speech and hearing.
Approximately 17 babies are born with hearing loss in South Africa each day.
1 in 12 pre-school children will have a speech–language disorder.
At the Red Cross Children’s Hospital the audiology and speech departments have long waiting lists, compromising children’s recovery.
The Children’s Hospital Trust’s Speech and Hearing Programme aims to alleviate these backlogs by providing easier access to prevention, screening and rehabilitation services closer to the communities who need it most.
Celebrate Mandela’s legacy and his love for children by donating any denomination of R67 to the Children’s Hospital Trust ‘Child Speech & Hearing Programme’
- R67 can contribute to 2-year old Thandi hearing ‘Happy Birthday to you….’ for the first time.
- R67 can contribute to her first lines spoken in her primary school play.
- R67 can contribute to Thandi hearing the applause from the standing ovation at her graduation.
- R67 can contribute to her ability to say ‘I do’ at her wedding.
- R67 can contribute to the elation Thandi feels when she hears her child say ‘I love you Mom.’
To spare your change instead of time this Mandela Day donate here.