Scary words like Dialysis, Ventilator, Tumour and ICU become integral to the reality and vocabulary of a critically sick or injured child.
The Red Cross Children’s Hospital has the largest ICU for children in Africa, but the demands on this unit are higher than their capacity to deliver.
By donating to help us build a bigger & better ICU at the Red Cross Children’s Hospital, these little patients get the best possible chance of recovery. That way they are able to go home sooner to enjoy the precious gift of childhood.
We need your help to raise the final R10million to complete the new ICU building.
How you can help
- Donate online
- SMS ‘ICU’ to 40465 to donate R20
- Download SnapScan and donate your own amount
- Host your own fundraising event
- Download the ICU infographic to share with your friends
The impact your donation will have:
- Increased bed capacity from 22 to 39 beds
- 10-bed Neonatal High Care Unit
- 8 isolation cubicles
- Optimal space to accommodate life-saving equipment
- Private spaces for breast-feeding mothers
- Supportive counselling areas for anxious parents
- Improved resting areas for ICU staff who work 24/7